Protecting Your Privacy
In some places on the Sites, we may collect "Personally Identifiable Information," such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
- HouseShow will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly provide in the listings you publish, with our advertisers or any third-parties for marketing purposes.
- HouseShow offers email anonymization & relay to protect your identity and reduce spam.
- Your account information is password protected and encrypted to keep your password safe.
- HouseShow does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 13, and HouseShow does not permit persons under the age of 13 to register on the Sites. If HouseShow learns that a listing is by a person under the age of 13, HouseShow will remove that listing. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Sites.
Registration is required to post a listing through our Service or to use other functions that require the Service to recognize a user. If you decide to register or sign up for certain services, you will need to give us certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as a valid e-mail address and phone number. You will also have the option to provide other Personally Identifiable Information such as your address. This Personally Identifiable Information will be used to personalize and improve your experience of our service. This information will not be disclosed to any third-party without your explicit consent.
Registered users and users who provide their email address to HouseShow may receive a copy of our newsletter and other occasional mailings from us regarding our service or the Sites. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email, or by updating your subscription information on the Subscription Tab in the My Account section.
You can review and change your Personally Identifiable Information or password at any time on the My Account Tab in the My Account section.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Scripts
A "web beacon" is an electronic file that signals when a web page, an advertisement, a video or other type of content has been viewed. A "script" is a short section of computer code included in a Web page or other content that can be used to set and access a cookie on your computer's hard drive and to record your activity on a web site. Web beacons and scripts can be used for a number of purposes, including counting and tracking visitors to the Sites, recognizing and accessing cookies, recording page view information, tracking and reporting audience information and conducting research to improve the Sites.
Data We Collect
In addition to Personally Identifiable Information you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
- Listings content. When you place a listing or a review on the Sites, we collect a variety of information related to that listing (e.g., price, model). The public will see any information that you include in your listing, and as such, HouseShow has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your listing. You can always edit or deactivate any of your listings.
- Discussions about listings. When you comment on a listing. You can always delete your comments.
- Correspondence. Correspondence between you and the other party initiated through our site, and correspondence to us.
- "Anonymous Information" such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our Sites that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site and otherwise improve our service to you.
- Credit card information. Credit card information, including credit card numbers, is collected but not stored. We use trusted third party vendors to handle secure credit card transactions for us. Our vendors use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and are PCI compliant.
Data We Store
The following information is stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived:
- Registration information.
- All listings, review and comment content.
- Messages sent in regards to listings.
- Activity logs and other records.
Although we make good faith efforts to store information in a secure environment that is not made available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We may use the information you disclosed to us to:
- Provide our services to you.
- Provide customer service to you.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Automatically scan messages to check for spam, fraud, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
HouseShow may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders).
- Respond to claims that a listing or content violates the rights of third parties.
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of HouseShow, its users or the general public.
HouseShow may also disclose information with:
- Our partner web sites if you create an account on one of those sites.
- Service providers under contract who help us with business operations such as fraud investigations.
The Sites are hosted in the United States. If you use the Sites from outside of the United States, you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and content to the United States and agreeing that HouseShow’s collection, use, storage and sharing of your information and content is exclusively subject to the laws of the United States, not of the jurisdiction where you are located.
Last update October 1, 2019